To plan, direct and maintain efficient manufacturing operations for the No. 1 Paper Machine Line, meeting production and quality requirements.
- Establishes and executes short- and long-range objectives in the efficient production of paper from the receipt and storage of raw materials through stock preparation, paper machine production, conversion and finishing operation.
- Delegate supervisory responsibility for personnel and equipment to the System Area Coordinator Managers.
- Participates in scheduling the machines and coordinating these and other operations.
- Reviews quality standards established by Quality Control, Technical Service, and Sales.
- Recommends revisions.
- Assures adequate production standards and report of production data.
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance.
- Establishes priorities for repair work and schedules shutdowns to optimize maintenance repairs.
- Participates in Capital Projects planning and budgeting.
- Communicates status and trends of production activities to other division management.
- Ensures the practice of safety among all subordinates through constant training, formal and informal.
- Performs line functions in labor-management relations according to the labor agreement, receiving guidance and assistance from the Human Resources Department.
- Keeps abreast of new technology in the competitive environment.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned by the Paper Business Unit Manager.
- Leads continuous improvement activities for the area.
- Makes safety and environmental a priority by communicating, participating, and supporting EH&S efforts, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Ability to make high-risk decisions under pressure is required (for situations such as production stoppages, or work affecting safety of personnel or equipment).
- Excellent leadership, management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, and verbal.
- Ability to direct employees to meet stated objectives.
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, pulp and paper science or a related field OR the equivalent training and/or experience.
Billerud provides paper and packaging materials that challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future. We are a world leading company in superior paper and packaging materials made from virgin fiber – passionately committed to sustainability, quality, and customer value.
Apply online here: https://jobs.silkroad.com/BNA/Careers/Apply/MultiForm/241