To lead a team capable of developing, implementing, and executing a regional Market Back Plan that achieves the regional Budget. The team will: (1) focus on channel development and downstream sales, (2) maximize sales potential through effective market awareness and investment, and (3) maintains alignment between regional and overall LP goals. The GSM is responsible for all aspects of talent recruitment and management with the objective of building and maintaining a world-class team of sales professionals within their region. In addition, the GSM is responsible for internal communication on market conditions, resource needs and sales process of the Market Back Plan and Budget. The GSM is responsible for the overall profitability of the region for non-operations factors.
We’d love to meet you if...
- You’re energized by big challenges and creating a plan to meet the challenge
- You enjoy working with others to deliver great work
- You’re innovative and looking for a values-driven, positive culture and environment
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Be accountable for selecting and managing the most effective distribution channels across multiple LP businesses and product lines to drive sales growth.
- The Annual average regional budgets across LP businesses is $100 + million.
- Be accountable for managing to a Regional EBIT target and SGA budgets.
- Submit annual forecast by product category and provide quarterly reviews on these forecasts.
- Work with owners, GMs, Sales & Purchasing managers to establish growth goal targets and price negotiation to maximize returns.
- Recruit new talent and develop (train, coach, lead, mentor and manage) the overall regional sales team, which typically includes 8-12 employees, so that LP has an enviable team of sales professionals. This includes a succession plan for the GSM’s.
- Is responsible for targeting and builder demand and channel expansion for SmartSide, EWP, Moulding and Value Added OSB product categories to achieve growth targets.
- Be accountable for the development and execution of a regional sales plan (‘Market Back Plan’) that takes into account market analyses and organizational objectives. This plan should outline downstream market opportunities (stocking dealer and builder targets) and sales strategies on how to accomplish these goals.
- Ensure that the Regional sales team understands the overall business strategy and specifically their Region’s part in achieving that strategy.
- Secure agreed upon budget and negotiate pricing and product mix to assure the highest level of profitability across a multiple customer segments.
- Analyze several market segments (Single Family New Construction, Multi-Family, Repair and Remodel, and Non-Residential) within a region to maximize sales opportunities by developing stronger market access (procurement of stocking dealers) and broader builder usage of LP Products Develop and maintain strong bonds with our key customers and downstream (dealers and builders) partners.
- Drive the integration of field marketing, business marketing, and corporate marketing into the region to support the execution of the Market Back Plan.
- Address channel conflict.
- Perform other duties as necessary including a role as a product or market “Captain” within the LP sales organization Home office with extensive (60 %+) travel, including trips into other territories to support sales development & mentoring programs.
- 10 years of sales and/or marketing experience, including 5 years of people management experience; Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills that highlights clear direction with history of internal networking of programs & field information.
- Knowledge of distributors, dealers, builders, and products within the assigned region of work.
- Knowledge of regional construction methods.
- Demonstrated proven marketing/sales skills.
- Solid understanding of downstream market conditions including market pricing and installation cost/practices.
- Sound analytical abilities with history of providing sales propositions in financial terms.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements.
- Experience in developing business plans with demonstrated ability of successfully implementing these plans.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing and mentoring sales staff.
- Success determined by candidates who have moved upward in the organization that candidate was placed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
As a leader in high-performance building solutions, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP Building Solutions, NYSE: LPX) manufactures engineered wood building products that meet the demands of builders, remodelers and homeowners worldwide. LP’s extensive offerings include innovative and dependable building products and accessories, such as siding solutions (LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding, LP® SmartSide® ExpertFinish® Trim & Siding, LP BuilderSeries® Lap Siding, and LP® Outdoor Building Solutions®), LP Structural Solutions (LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier, LP WeatherLogic® Air & Water Barrier, LP Legacy® Premium Sub-Flooring, and LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated Sheathing, LP NovaCore™ Thermal Insulated Sheathing, and more), LP® TopNotch® Sub-Flooring, and oriented strand board (OSB). In addition to product solutions, LP provides industry-leading customer service and warranties. Since its founding in 1972, LP has been Building a Better World™ by helping customers construct beautiful, durable homes while our shareholders build lasting value. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, LP operates 25 plants across the U.S., Canada, Chile, and Brazil. For more information, visit LPCorp.com. LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To apply, submit an application on the Careers page of our website. Include a resume and cover letter. - https://jobs.lpcorp.com/job/General-Sales-Manager-Midwest/1004563700/