The Self Loader Log Truck Driver loads/unloads and hauls wood products from job sites or wood yard to customers/wood yard in a safe and legal manner following Company, Local, State and DOT laws and guidelines.
- Operate log truck safely consistent with Company, local, state and federal DOT transportation and safety regulations.
- Transport wood products to/from job sites, log yards, and customers during day, evening, or overnight hours.
- Perform maintenance tasks according to regulations.
- Maintain trip tickets and scale slips for loads hauled.
- Utilize tablets and maintain ELD compliance.
Education: High school graduate or GED, Class A CDL, 21 years of age
Experience: 5+ years of experience as a log truck driver preferred; working knowledge of State and DOT regulations; tablet and smart phone experience; ELD experience; Excellent safety & driving record
Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, vacation, sick and holidays
Longyear is a privately held entrepreneurial asset management company based in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We have a 150-year track record for embracing opportunity and growing long-term value. Over several generations, we have grown our natural resource enterprise into a powerful family of companies that deliver a steady supply of high-quality products that benefit consumers, businesses, and communities. Our companies include Northern Hardwoods, Able Medical Devices, JML Forestry and Forestville.Q
Today we continue to support growth and prosperity in our businesses and across our region, with more than 200 employees, hundreds of contractors, and continued long-term investment in companies that prioritize people and the environment.