Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work.
- Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Maintain shop and shop equipment per 5S Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to stack parts up to 30 lbs. for a period of up to 12 hours.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Able to pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be able to sit, stoop, and bend.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hourly pay rate for an Associate Level 2 Assistant Operator is $21.06.
- Excellent benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision).
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Retirement Savings Plan.
- 1.5 pay over 40 hours.
- Uniform program available.
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
PCA has been included in Forbes magazine’s 2021 list of “World’s Best Employers”. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.