This position will lead, supervise, instruct and coach the maintenance team to optimize process and asset reliability through the effective application of predictive and preventive maintenance practices.
- This position will promote and insure safe and flexible work practices, as well as engaging team members to drive continuous improvement.
- Interface with and support operations, maintenance, and engineering.
- Lead safety initiatives and actively coaching safe behaviors.
- Manage productivity, cost, and quality improvement projects.
- Build employee engagement and development programs to create high skill level and maximum versatility.
- Develop and implement best-in-class maintenance practices throughout the mill.
- Collaborate with operations, other maintenance supervision and maintenance teams to implement planned work, emergency work and preventative maintenance schedules as required.
- Interface with engineering, vendors, in-house crafts and outside contractors to complete capital projects and expense projects throughout area of responsibility.
- Provide technical assistance on maintenance related needs.
- Provide weekend coverage on a rotating basis (covering entire mill with partner on weekends).
- Must be able to move about the mill freely (extensive walking, climb ladders and stairs, etc.) and able to tolerate temperature extremes.
- Preferred Skills:
- Paper Mill experience Required Experience: 3 - 5 years of industrial maintenance experience, including supervisory experience.
- Exceptional leadership, analytical abilities and computer skills (SAP Microsoft Office).
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Experience in capital project management in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of pulp and paper production processes.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
Billerud provides paper and packaging materials that challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future. We are a world leading company in superior paper and packaging materials made from virgin fiber – passionately committed to sustainability, quality, and customer value.
Apply online here: https://jobs.silkroad.com/BNA/Careers/Apply/MultiForm/245