The Marketing Intern will be responsible for joining our internal marketing team to assist in the process of developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization. This role will assist in overseeing and driving strategic and tactical marketing implementation including brand development and positioning, content development, and management.
This role will multi-task across several projects/assets and will need excellent people/stakeholder management skills, project management skills, and attention to detail. This role requires the ability to both contribute on an individual level as well as manage the work of vendors and other staff as needed, it requires effective communication with internal partners.
- Support the marketing department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing.
- Create and manage marketing materials/strategies in line with corporate and brand direction.
- Work with internal and external marketing resources to generate new ideas and strategies and execute corporate marketing projects.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications Manager on the preparation and distribution of direct marketing products.
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts, public-facing website, and company intranet site.
- Develop and maintain internal branded marketing materials such as marketing collateral.
- Help organize company related events.
- Assist in preparing presentations for internal and external use of the company.
- Seek new methods and creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the organization including the launch of new products, special events, local and global community service, and other topics of interest.
- Junior or Senior currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree Program in Marketing or Social Media Management.
- Management, Public Relations, Graphic Design, or Photographer minors are welcome.
- 1 year of experience in developing Marketing or Social Media Content plans through educational courses or other.
- Familiarity with Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canva, and social media experience is preferred.
Longyear is a privately held entrepreneurial asset management company based in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We have a 150-year track record for embracing opportunity and growing long-term value. Over several generations, we have grown our natural resource enterprise into a powerful family of companies that deliver a steady supply of high-quality products that benefit consumers, businesses, and communities. Our companies include Northern Hardwoods, Able Medical Devices, JML Forestry and Forestville.
Today we continue to support growth and prosperity in our businesses and across our region, with more than 200 employees, hundreds of contractors, and continued long-term investment in companies that prioritize people and the environment.