PotlatchDeltic Corporation is seeking a Production Supervisor to coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly production employees to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining safety and quality at the Gwinn Lumber Mill. This position is responsible for overseeing the planer and sawmill production staff with day-to-day operations, including monitoring work processes, training, and ensuring production quality and production goals are achieved with an emphasis on safe practices.
- Assign tasks and follow up to ensure that work is completed on schedule.
- Identify and correct any potential problems (troubleshoot) and take appropriate action necessary to prevent serious equipment failure.
- Plan effective use of available resources and assist in the development of process, design and operational improvements.
- Comprehend and monitor daily metrics and reporting to optimize equipment efficiency and meet production goals.
- Verify that all reporting and recordkeeping is done in a timely manner.
- Identify possible cost savings in all areas of operation.
- Assure quality of production.
2. Safety & Environmental
- Maintain a safe facility and a work climate conducive to safe working practices in pursuit of zero injuries.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations, implementation and adherence to those regulations.
- Provide information and training on OSHA rules and regulations and additional site procedures ensuring that all safety methods are in place, fully implemented, and training documented to guarantee a safe, clean and healthy work environment for all employees and contractors.
- Participate as an active member of the mill’s safety committee.
- Conduct crew safety meetings as required.
- Provide information and training to staff on equipment and processes in area of responsibility.
- Ensures the production team understands work scope and performance expectations.
- Assess the needs of the crew and implement developmental processes (e.g., coaching, counseling, taking corrective action, mentoring, etc.) to continuously improve performance.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge/expertise.
- Provide an atmosphere that leads to continual improvement in safety, quality and productivity.
- Work collaboratively with other supervisors and departments as a member of the mill’s leadership team.
- Ensure adequate flow of information through effective communication.
- Participate in daily management team meetings.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years hands-on maintenance experience performing in an industrial, production or mill environment.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience hands-on supervision of a crew in an industrial, factory, assembly, production or mill environment.
- Expertise in machinery and tools is required.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints and technical repair manuals.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Intermediate proficiency in a maintenance management system (AX preferred).
- Demonstrated expertise with solving problems related to people, process, and equipment are essential, as is the ability to lead change and compete at world-class levels.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess the ability to effectively train and evaluate personnel.
- Demonstrated safe work practices.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and disability insurance, paid time off, and additional voluntary benefits.
PotlatchDeltic is a leading timberland and wood products company with a commitment to corporate responsibility. We are looking for talented people to join our team and become part of an industry that relies on technology and skill to provide sustainably-sourced materials that we all use every day.