The Real Estate Development Associate coordinates the organization and execution of real estate development projects, focusing on sales, marketing, design, entitlements, customer service, operations, and other development related activities, working closely with and acting as on-site representative for the Real Estate Development Manager.
- Leads the creation, implementation and coordination of the Forestville Sales and Marketing pipeline, dovetailing the pipeline with construction and financing activities.
- Assists the Director of Real Estate Development in identifying risks, opportunities, and inefficiencies in the real estate development process.
- Reviews construction plans/drawings for design continuity and cost savings opportunities.
- Coordinates the flow of information from sales and marketing to the procurement and construction team, ensuring that all customer selections are accounted for.
- Assist in the acquisition of entitlements, permits and approvals; assist in public notices, and additional coordination with jurisdiction.
- Ensure proper project financial tracking in partnership with the Longyear internal finance and accounting team.
- Ensure project close-out and design/sales documents are in order and filed appropriately (Certificate of Occupancy, Purchase Agreements, Reservations, As Build Drawings, Customer signoffs, etc.)
- Attend external stakeholder meetings and represents Longyear and the Forestville team with professionalism.
- Assist the Director of Real Estate Development in gathering estimates for development activities.
- Research state and local programs for real estate development activities.
- Research regional demographics, trends, and industry indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience working in real estate development, focusing on mixed-use development or a related area.
- Residential leasing or sales experience preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to become licensed as a Sales Representative under a Residential Builder’s License.
Excellent benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, parental leave, 401K, vacation, sick and holidays.
Longyear is a privately held entrepreneurial asset management company based in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We have a 150-year track record for embracing opportunity and growing long-term value. Over several generations, we have grown our natural resource enterprise into a powerful family of companies that deliver a steady supply of high-quality products that benefit consumers, businesses, and communities. Our companies include Northern Hardwoods, Able Medical Devices, JML Forestry and Forestville.
Today we continue to support growth and prosperity in our businesses and across our region, with more than 200 employees, hundreds of contractors, and continued long-term investment in companies that prioritize people and the environment.