We are currently seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join our manufacturing team as a Manufacturing Operation Team Member. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting our manufacturing operation with the primary objective of increasing productivity while reducing downtime and waste.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity; decreasing downtime and waste.
- Move/spot 52 and 48 foot trailers from shipping yard into docks.
- Move/spot 52 and 48 foot trailers from docks into shipping yard.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Maintain shop and shop equipment per 5S Standards.
- When not jockeying trailers employee will load trucks in the shipping department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Must have valid Commercial Drivers License.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to work the any shift.
- Must have a good attendance record.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Possess an understanding that temperatures and volumes of work may vary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other personnel.
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.