Perform a variety of manufacturing tasks using production equipment to ensure steady workflow.
- Perform a variety of manufacturing tasks using production equipment to ensure steady workflow.
- Ability to perform minor equipment adjustments and ensure quality checks are performed before, during, and upon completion.
- May stack boxes, clean areas of the facility, or perform other general helper duties.
- Move and lift heavy objects.
- Maintain production and work records.
- Examine products in order to verify conformance to specifications.
- Clean rooms and/or work areas as needed.
- Sort manufacturing materials and products.
- Load and unload materials into machinery.
- Load, unload, and stack products, materials, and containers.
- Measure, weigh, or count products and materials.
- Operate hoist, winch, and hydraulic boom.
- Perform safety inspections in the manufacturing and industrial settings of the plant.
- Use both hand and power tools as needed.
- Correctly mark products and containers for identification purposes.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Two out of last four years must have worked full or part-time.
- Successful candidate must be willing to work swing and graveyard shifts, along with required overtime as needed.
- Must have a strong safety background and a good attendance record.
- Excellent communication and team work skills are essential.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, and twist repetitively.
- Have an understanding that both temperatures and work volume may vary.
- Previous plant manufacturing experience, particularly within the corrugated or packaging industry is a plus.
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package. PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.