Entry level position with opportunities for advancement.
- Places lumber piece by piece in layers.
- Positions lumber on skids or carts to build foundation for lumber stacks.
- Bands bundles and records number of stacks by product and species.
- Cleans work area.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Competitive starting wage.
- Company match 401k.
- Aflac, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
AJD Forest Products LP in Grayling, Michigan, is the original Lakes States industrial hardwood lumber sawmill. We produce high-grade red oak, hard and soft maple, aspen, ash, and basswood. Since 1974, we've been the producers of the best quality industrial lumber in the Lake States. For more than 40 years, our reputation for quality has never wavered. Many of our customers have been with us for more than 20 years. When you want a good product to process in your plant and not have to deal with a lot of waste, you need to buy from us.
Apply in person at: AJD Forest Products 4440 West 4 Mile Road Grayling, MI 49738, or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org