This position is responsible for keeping all tractor-trailers in proper operating condition and for keeping “down time” to a minimum as a result of any malfunction.
- Lubing and greasing Changing coolant, oil and filter.
- Repairing and replacing lights.
- General inspection of equipment.
- Changing fittings Inspecting and replacing bearings.
- Repairing electrical problems, air leaks and ABS systems.
- Test drive equipment and taking trucks/trailers to repair shop as needed.
- Other duties as necessary.
- May do some diagnostic work with supervision.
- The successful candidate will be dependable, safety conscious, have consistent on-time performance, strong customer service skills, and the ability to follow instructions.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- 1+ yrs. experience in truck/trailer repair and maintenance.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.