Biewer of Lansing, LLC is looking to add a full-time Packaging Supervisor to our team in Lansing, MI. This position will manage supervision over the packaging department to maintain Biewer Lumber’s quality standards and maintains our safety and policies in efforts to meet companies’ production goals. The Packaging Supervisor will effectively communicate daily business goals, reports and information to both management and employees.
- Primary responsibilities will include:
- Summarize and report final inspection results to Operations Manager daily.
- Ensure all employees are following the plant’s safety rules.
- Overseeing all positions at the plant to ensure proper S.O.P. 's are being followed.
- Evaluate personnel on a yearly basis.
- Coaching personnel on plant procedures.
- Assisting team leads on coaching employees.
- Attend weekly Level 10 meetings, department meetings and daily production meetings.
- Daily Safety and Production Audits.
- Train all employees on how to safely perform tasks.
- Determining the quality of the material is sufficient to meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for yard organization and cleanliness.
- Documents employee interactions when conflict arises.
- Conducts all injury/incident investigations with the management team.
- Monitors that proper tags and barcodes are being placed on the material correctly by employees and meeting packaging specs.
- Open communication with Master Planner and Management regarding production goals.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs and aptitude to navigate and acquire skills to use internal systems.
- Possess leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills in relationships with employees and management.
- Reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Medical, dental and vision.
- 401k match.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Life/AD&D insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Optional short and long term disability.
- Optional accidental insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Biewer Lumbers provides its customers with the highest-quality lumber, superior service, and exceptional reliability. Biewer Sawmills provides its customers with the highest-quality lumber, superior service, and exceptional reliability. Our four fully-automated sawmills, producing both SPF and SYP, are vertically integrated and equipped with industry-leading advanced technology. We also have three state-of-the-art treatment plants that process and treat both residential and commercial products. As a proud fourth-generation, family-owned company, we are committed to operating the safest and most effective facilities for our dedicated employees.
Apply on our careers page https://www.biewerlumber.com/careers/